Sunday, October 9, 2011

Lesson #15 Evil Glaring Nuns!

     Well, Italy has its fair share of churches and even more nuns. We recently went on a tour of the medieval churches near Trastevere in Rome. One stop on this tour was the church of St. Cecila. In this church, they recently uncovered part of a few hundred year old fresco. You can take an elevator, accompanied by a nun, and see it in the old choir room above the church.
     Well, apparently there are signs saying no photos, but it was of course after I already had my camera out and had already taken several pictures that I saw these signs. Then I noticed the short, squat nun from the elevator glaring at me. Thankfully all she could do was glare evilly as she had taken a vow of silence, not that I would have understood her in Italian.
     She looked something like this:


     Lesson #15: Evil glaring is part of the job description for a nun

No comments:

Post a Comment