Friday, December 9, 2011

Lesson #50 Fashion Suicide

     Yep, that's right. The ultimate form of fashion suicide in Italy, I have committed. It all happened because of that darn rain! Well, if you are wondering what fashion suicide in Italy is, it's wearing yoga pants. Yep. I love my yoga pants, so actually I'm surprised it took me this long to crack! Well, Rome is notorious for torrential downpours, and after you walk through one once, you will never be tempted to wear jeans again, hence the yoga pants.
     Well, I thought that this was just fine and dandy, until I got to my Italian class. My Italian teacher is this cute little Italian woman who is always wearing AMAZING shoes and cute clothes. She was also wearing yoga pants accompanied by sneakers. When I showed up, she asked me if the rain had destroyed my shoes and outfit too and if I didn't have time to go home and change . . . Her outfit was her workout apparel, which no Italian in their right mind would wear in normal circumstances, so clearly I am not Italian. I like my yoga pants too much!


So, Lesson #50: A love of yoga pants is the death of fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment