Friday, December 9, 2011

Lesson #47 Opera . . .

     Oh opera. It is a beautiful art form. Well on our recent adventure to Perugia, we had massive amounts of chocolate consumption and lucky for us, and opera midterm to study for! Well, here in Rome, our opera midterm and finals consist of listening to opera and naming the composer and his dates, the aria and opera, and the voice types. This meant non-stop opera listening for us and we were even dreaming of our opera music. Luckily some of the music is bearable, but for those songs that aren't, you have to find a way to make it bearable.
     For me, that consists of singing! And for those of you who know me, singing is never a good thing, especially when it comes to opera. Unfortunately for my roommates, I was attempting to sing Rossini's very high soprano from the Barber of Seville. One of my roommates actually barged into my room because she thought someone was hurt or dying or something.


     So, Lesson #47: My singing opera sounds like a dying person . . . good to know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment