Thursday, September 29, 2011

Lesson #8 Getting Lost

     Oh Directions. They seem so simple, but for the directionally challenged, they are, well, challenging.
   
     Everyone says that you need to get lost in order to discover where you truly are. In Rome, this is also true, but entirely too easy. To get lost in Rome is basically my day job. I am brilliant at it! Even with a map, I am discovering new places all the time. I actually view it as an adventure. You see things you never would have seen had you actually know where you are. Being in Italy is refreshing. The lifestyle is so different than what someone from America knows. There is no rush to do anything or get anywhere, it will simply happen when it happens. My first couple of weeks here when my directions were absolutely hopeless, I had no phone and no place to be. It was like the outside world disappeared. It was nice to just walk aimlessly and enjoy the city. That is what Italy is about, enjoying life, even the small parts. Even getting lost.

   
     Lesson #8: Getting lost is part of the experience!

No comments:

Post a Comment